Home Doctor Service
What is home doctor service program?
It is a program offered by Almana hospitals provides health care services in your home according to the patient's need. Almana hospitals afford the best health care services through this program for diagnosing and delivering the appropriate home health care for the patient, according to a therapeutic program and scheduled visits in collaboration with the patient.
The land area of the eastern province is approximately 540,000 km ², with a population of 4,105,780, where the percentage of elderly people in the region is approximately 12% of the total population, and the disability rate is 0.5%, which is the part of the society more in need of home care services.
Home doctor program services:
- Treatment of chronic diseases
- The follow-up after surgery
- Persons with special needs
- Service and take care of the elderly
Home doctor services include:
- Regular examination for adults and children with special needs.
- Checking blood pressure, temperature, heart rate, breathing
- Monitoring serious illness and unstable health status
- Wound care for pressure sores or a surgical wound
- Laboratory tests
- Intravenous or nutrition therapy, Injections
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Ensure that the patient is taking the prescribed medications properly.
- Educate the patient and advise him.
- Nutrition Services
- Providing medicines.
How do you get your home doctor service?
The doctor in charge of the program personally visit the patient at home to assess the situation and find out the necessary requirements for ensuring home care service and the extent of the patient's ability to take advantage of this service.
After that, the patient consult the physician to put the patient needed treatment standards at home. After a doctor's approval, there will be a plan for the care of the patient's status based on the diagnosis, and finally estimate the financial cost.
After finishing the administrative procedures (opening file- insurance approval- finishing accounting procedures) the medical team are selected to provide home care service and after explaining the patient's condition, the home care service plan is given to the team for implementation, the program supervisor will visit the home of the patient periodically to monitor and evaluate the patient's benefit from the home care program and review all the requirements. The doctor will visit the patient permanently to evaluate the results of the treatment depending on the health condition of the patient and the extent of its response to treatment.
Home doctor service team:
- GP doctor (male/female)
- nurse (male/female)
- physiotherapist (male/female)
- EMT/ driver
- Doctors bag with medicines
- Pulse Oximeter
- B.P apparatus
- Portable suction machine
- Personal protective equipment